Wisconsin Woodlands to Work!
W-Tree - put our Woodlands to Work for Wisconsin.
Woodlot owner's need good business information:
- Accurate timber price information - current stumpage prices and long term market trends.
- Current rates of return from successful forest management operations.
- Business information on sustainable forest management systems
- Marketing alternatives that provide fair treatment when selling timber.
- Low impact logging systems that protect the future of their forests.
Forest owner's need good information that demonstrates that in 2000:
- Forest management can be a very profitable business - timber should be the best crop on most farms.
- Common sense management practices can double the value growth on most forests.
- Sustained yield harvesting produces much higher income than traditional management.
- Value-added processing and direct marketing can multiply forest income again.
Its time for forest owners to take control of their own resources and put
Tree Surgeon General's Warning: This site does not meet government foresters' specifications!
Reading of this site by anyone not wearing a forest owner's cap may be hazardous to their health.